Close

Threaded View

Student

Kodak Portrait 3D Printer

Just wondering any thoughts on Kodak's 3D printer announced?

I have paid the money to purchase one. I have several other 3D printers, but the specs on this one sounded especially good. The terms are I can get a refund anytime until its shipped. Even after its shipped I have 30 days to decide if I keep it. On negatives, Kodak is not making this printer, and Kodak financially is on a bit shaky ground.
    But, this printer seems to offer what no other printer does in its price range.
    It has a metal enclosed frame, dual extruders, auto bed leveling and "calibration," and a Hepa filter. And the ability to run many kinds of filament, and filament monitoring.

If something happens, and its never delivered, my credit card company is good about getting a refund.
    I've looked at other high-end $3000 printers that don't have all these features. Ultimaker 2, Makerbot +, not close.

Maybe worrisome is that some of the specs are light, like max. extruder temp, bed temp, etc. and the fact that this printer has never been reviewed, but this certainly isn't worse than Kickstarter. Also I sent a question to Kodak and never received a reply.

Anyone else buy one? Thinking about it?
    Last edited by ano; 11-18-2017 at 12:45 AM.