Close

Threaded View

Futuristic Mask w/LEDs (Help design & build)

I am interested in finding someone to design and print me a very special, high quality mask.

obsidian.jpg

This is a sculpture called "Obsidian" by Colin Christian.

I am interested in recreating & designing a similar style concept, with a black base and white/clear areas to be illuminated by LEDs, but in an actual wearable mask.

Can this mask be printed in both black and a clear/white resin at the same time or will the colors bleed in an application like this?

Or does it have to be printed in all clear/white and then the black areas painted on?

I want the LEDs to have that perfect hue like they do in his sculpture - I don't want to individual LEDs to be visible when the mask is in operation. It should be smooth & seamless.

I want this to be done as high quality as possible and don't want to see any print lines at all - so whoever would take this job on needs to have the right kind of printer to eliminate this as much as possible and then also be willing to sand and finish the mask with sanding.

I'm pretty sure I want this done in hard plastic, not flexible resin.

So who on here is capable of this kind of job that could help me start designing this?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by johnnyscience; 11-12-2017 at 09:56 PM.