I am new to 3D printing and am looking to build a product (1" x 1" x 1.5") that I will be selling as part of a larger product. The larger product already exists and I just need to 3D print a piece that I will assemble into the larger product. The part I will 3D print will need to be able to get wet on occasion and may be thrown into a dishwasher once a month. I will need to print 1-2 a day to start with.

Even though the size of my part is rather small, I would like a printer that gives me a bit of space to do larger projects, just in case something else comes up.

Before I spend a lot of money on a high quality 3D printer I want to make sure my product will sell in the market place, so I am looking to spend $200-$500. I am an electrical engineer and very handy so building and tweaking isn't a big deal, but I want something somewhat out of the box, requiring only assembly. I don't want to mess with getting open source software to make my system function or do a custom build from a parts list.

After reading some threads I somewhat narrowed down to the HICTOP Desktop Prusa I3 (3DP-11-ATL). Is there something else I should look at?

Once I get a printer, what else will I need? CAD software? Filament? Anything else? Thanks for the help.