Hello printing community,

I've bought some time ago an CTC formaker. It worked well for me, I got already some experience about printing . Almost everything worked fine, or I got it to work. Several issues I could repair by myself, and my last idea was to replace the nozzle to an smaller diameter. So far so good.

I made an accident and I've got an short circuit from an temperature sensor and the board is burned. First I've thought just to replace the whole board, and use it as before. But I don’t get any answer from CTC, and I'm not sure if it make sense just to order another mightyboard.

The CTC formaker itself hast multiple function, but basically I've never used them, and I guess somehow I will not in the near future.

Beside that functionality, the frame itself is quite well done, and I was thinking about to "rebuild" the whole printer, or let’s say to replace it with another board/brand. An huge benefit would also be the open source, easier replacement/improvement of just a part of the printer! I've many posts regarding other solutions (Rumba, Ramps, MKS), boards and brands. But I don’t get an useful overview, what could make sense, or which directions would be best to upgrade my printer. So now I'm here and hope to get some support.

Additional fueature, that an formaker don’t have, but would be nice:

• Cooling fan controlled by software
  • Autolevel

What do you would suggest to me? Which way I can get the “best” solution for my printer?