Hello. I am both new to this board, and fairly new to 3d printing. I have a printer and have been making a few "things". That being said, I do have a question.

My interests are in printing things such as plastic parts for restoring or customizing cars. I have been playing around with a custom Pontiac Fiero hood logo. I have been using tools such as Blender and Freecad. I guess my problem with some of these these tools is in regards to both the learning curve and sizing. I know that Blender is quite popular. Although most Blender instruction seems to focus on VR stuff, of which I have no interest.

A lot of this stuff, particularly Blender seems to be a bit too "free hand" for my tastes. When I design stuff, I want to specify reasonably precise dimensions. Is it that I need to study Blender more, or are there other tools out there for designing 3d printable objects that is both easy to learn and easy to design objects with precise dimensions?

Are there many out there in the 3d printing community who want to focus more on "parts" with specific dimensions, or on artistic things which might be a bit more "free hand"?

Regards,

George CLay