Close

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Student
    Follow epatel On Twitter
    Hi, I have not read all of this thread. So you might already know this.

I just want to tell you that the Bed Leveling in Marlin does not compensate bumps etc as in its calculation only tilt a flat plane no matter how many points you measure. You can see this in planner.cpp in the function plan_buffer_line() which calls apply_rotation_xyz() for the compensation.

I discovered this the hard way and I have now written a mesh based leveling feature.
    You can read about it here https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/pull/1619
    I don't have the setup to do auto measuring so I use the display and the encoder to measure and step through the points.
    Last edited by epatel; 03-21-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Student
    Follow epatel On Twitter
    Just updated the code so one can use a G29 command to run the leveling sequence without a display.

Engineer
    where can we get the version of Marlin with the Mesh leveling feature?

Engineer
    I see some mesh levelling code in marlin.
    its labeled under manual bed levelling

Can you advise how to enable Mesh Auto bed levelling

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I see some mesh levelling code in marlin.
    its labeled under manual bed levelling

Can you advise how to enable Mesh Auto bed levelling
    I have not looked at it yet. But the 'manual' part of it is a negative. I'm thinking this can be fully automated.

Student
    Follow epatel On Twitter
    It has been merged and is now part of the Development branch. I have also added this short description https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...BedLeveling.md

Student
    Follow epatel On Twitter
    I don't have any servo etc mounted on my machines so hard for me to add. But another developer is looking at making it fully automatic

Engineer
    Great, I really hope this helps making ABL more reliable thank you for your contribution to marlin

Quote Originally Posted by epatel View Post
    I don't have any servo etc mounted on my machines so hard for me to add. But another developer is looking at making it fully automatic
    Certainly no disrespect was intended by saying 'not automatic is a negative' ! It takes time and many steps to get good software! It would be nice if we could have 20 or 30 areas defined on the bed. But to probe that much is not going to be pleasant so that would have to be something saved in the EEPROM. And then my other hope is I get full control over how many layers before the mesh firmware backs off and is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by epatel View Post
    It has been merged and is now part of the Development branch. I have also added this short description https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...BedLeveling.md
    I own a TAZ 4 and the X-axis dips at least 0.15mm in the center of the bed due to the weight of the dual extruder.

Can I use the mesh mapping version of the bed leveling code that you created to account for this 0.15mm dip?

I don't have a bed leveling probe, but I would like to manually enter height values for the 4 corners of the bed plus three points along the X-axis (two opposing edges + the center of the bed). Is this possible with your upgrade? Will your upgrade create a concave up map of my TAZ 4 bed?
    Last edited by inventabuild; 04-11-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast