Close

Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Ive just started a print but i can try to disconnect the LCD with the card reader once its finished and see if it makes a difference, but the freezing happens regardless of where the code is coming from, SD or Pronterface/Repetier... And it is also pretty inconsistent, almost gremlin-like. Seems to happen if, like Tyson said, the printer stays connected to Repetier for too many G29s without disconnecting. But that won't apply to SD, and not sure if Tyson is experiencing the same issue but i still do get the freezing on the 9th probe once in a few prints even though I've got to shut everything down to get the SD to initialise.
    Yeah, with no LCD+Card reader hooked up and the +5 printbus is talking about if you try those things and it still is happening I am not sure what to try next.

Student
    Add tstockgl on Thingiverse
    Ive just started a print but i can try to disconnect the LCD with the card reader once its finished and see if it makes a difference, but the freezing happens regardless of where the code is coming from, SD or Pronterface/Repetier... And it is also pretty inconsistent, almost gremlin-like. Seems to happen if, like Tyson said, the printer stays connected to Repetier for too many G29s without disconnecting. But that won't apply to SD, and not sure if Tyson is experiencing the same issue but i still do get the freezing on the 9th probe once in a few prints even though I've got to shut everything down to get the SD to initialise.
    Well I did a couple more tests, and I'm still experiencing the same thing.

I ran a G28, G29 command straight off my SD card, without Pronterface or the USB cable connected to my computer, and it still locked up on the final probe of the second run G28,G29 command.

I then tried bypassing my modified Ramps fan extender, and still the exact same result. (Still running the G28,G29 command direct from the SD card without connecting USB cable / Pronterface)

Going to try one other thing, but at this point I'm about stumped...

Tyson

How many data points are you using?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by tstockgl View Post
    Well I did a couple more tests, and I'm still experiencing the same thing.

I ran a G28, G29 command straight off my SD card, without Pronterface or the USB cable connected to my computer, and it still locked up on the final probe of the second run G28,G29 command.

I then tried bypassing my modified Ramps fan extender, and still the exact same result. (Still running the G28,G29 command direct from the SD card without connecting USB cable / Pronterface)

Going to try one other thing, but at this point I'm about stumped...

Tyson
    Did a few more tests:

Replaced the vector_3.cpp file with the original file before the Roxy update. No Luck. Same result as before. Reverted back to the Roxy change.

Enabled both EEPROM_SETTINGS and EEPROM_CHITCHAT. (They have been disabled up until this point) No Luck. Still same results.

Changed the "#define NUM_SERVOS" to "1" in the Configuration.h file (mine was set to "3") Still no luck.

Finally I reverted to the version of the Marlin_main.cpp file I used before the Roxy updates. I am currently probing for the 10th time without any issues. (running G28,G29 from Pronterface)

It must be something with my "Marlin_main.cpp" that has been updated with the Roxy code... I've attached a link to that file, if anyone feels inclined to give it a stab. (Thanks in advance!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R...ew?usp=sharing

One more thing, when I go back to the Roxy version of Marlin_main.cpp and upload it to my Arduino the LCD screen gets all wacky. I have to power down and then up again to get it back to normal. Here's a link to what it looks like:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R...ew?usp=sharing

Hopefully this helps.
    Thanks again for any help!
    Tyson

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    How many data points are you using?
    When using the Roxy code it really doesn't matter how many probe points I am using, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, it always is locking up on me after the second G29 attempt and after the very last probe point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Yeah, with no LCD+Card reader hooked up and the +5 printbus is talking about if you try those things and it still is happening I am not sure what to try next.
    While I've been sleeping Tyson has been researching, a lot! But I've just tried running G29 T n5 without the LCD connected and it still froze up on the 3rd go, which makes me think its not LCD/SD fault.
    Last edited by squirrel; 01-28-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Literally cannot run two G29 T n5 commands one after another without disconnecting Repetier as it consistently freezes on the second go.

Literally cannot run two G29 T n5 commands one after another without disconnecting Repetier as it consistently freezes on the second go.
    Similar here, my hotend temperature reading locks up after the second G29 without fail although the hotend continues to heat up, the first time this happened it had reached almost 300C before I realised what was going on. After reconnecting everything works until the second G29.

There just has to be something in your setup as none of those issues do I have. I run g28 then g29 then g28 and g29 over and over again when I tweak. be aware the window of opportunity is narrow AND, I found this out recently, if you shut the motors off or the software/hose shuts the motors off you MUST rerun g28 again.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnd View Post
    Similar here, my hotend temperature reading locks up after the second G29 without fail although the hotend continues to heat up, the first time this happened it had reached almost 300C before I realised what was going on. After reconnecting everything works until the second G29.
    Yup thats a side effect I've also noticed, but I've caught the rising temp the 1st time it happened which did freak me out some what as it seemed like its running away...

DarkAlchemist I've also wondered if the stepper time out has anything to do with it but increasing it to 180 didn't make any difference. Roxy mentioned earlier that the lower case "n" confuses the software, could it be possible that there is something else that makes it go funny and would require a reset, as i think thats what happens when you disconnect and reconnect the Repetier, which makes it work again.

Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast