Close

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Yup, same thing happens to me Tyson, on about 4 out of 10 G29s i send. Totally stumped and cant figure out what its related to or triggered by. Happens like this: it does 8 probes without a hitch, starts doing the last, touches once, goes back up, starts lowering slowly and as soon as probe triggers (or there about) the LCD goes blank, and the whole thing seems to freeze up. Any ideas? Other than that been loving the enhanced ABL and the fact the probe doesnt no longer scrapes the bed on retracts, thanks Roxy!!!!

Student
    Add tstockgl on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Yup, same thing happens to me Tyson, on about 4 out of 10 G29s i send. Totally stumped and cant figure out what its related to or triggered by. Happens like this: it does 8 probes without a hitch, starts doing the last, touches once, goes back up, starts lowering slowly and as soon as probe triggers (or there about) the LCD goes blank, and the whole thing seems to freeze up. Any ideas? Other than that been loving the enhanced ABL and the fact the probe doesnt no longer scrapes the bed on retracts, thanks Roxy!!!!
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm still trying to figure it out. I have determined that I don't need to do a full power off, power on to fix it, I just need to disconnect from Pronterface and then reconnect and I can do one probe matrix without any problems.

Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by tstockgl View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm still trying to figure it out. I have determined that I don't need to do a full power off, power on to fix it, I just need to disconnect from Pronterface and then reconnect and I can do one probe matrix without any problems.

Tyson
    Confirmed, although I'm using Repetier. Ive tried extending stepper timeout to 180, and i don't think power hungry servo is at fault either as it happens with usb plugged in. Hmmmmm....

Are you guys using the new maker branch or the original from Roxy?

Student
    Add tstockgl on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I'm using the original Roxy code from post 1, page 1 in this thread.

Same, followed instructions on page one. I did try the marlin version that incorporates Roxy's code just to see if it would fix the freezing (and SD init fail thing) but it all went terribly wrong n i went back to original marlin with the code from the first page. And when i try to print from SD (i found another work-around for the SD fail issue) i also get the same freezing once in a while, except the LCD starts blinking, probe moves in time with the blinks, if that makes any sense and then the whole thing resets and i have to do the trick to get the SD working all over again, which involves powering off, plugging the usb back in, checking on the LCD that it reads the card, turning the power on and quickly unplugging the usb as sometimes it resets shortly after powering on with the usb plugged in, which in turn resets the SD card, somehow... And i have to repeat the whole ritual. Forgive me if i sound as if like the only thing i haven't tried is giving it a sacrifice to please it, but the coding/programming thing is very new to me and I'm still just getting to know with the printer itself

Interesting because I do not print via SD card and I do not get any freezing.

So, it would seem they are interrelated somehow.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    ... i also get the same freezing once in a while, except the LCD starts blinking, probe moves in time with the blinks, if that makes any sense and then the whole thing resets and i have to do the trick to get the SD working all over again, which involves powering off, plugging the usb back in, checking on the LCD that it reads the card, turning the power on and quickly unplugging the usb as sometimes it resets shortly after powering on with the usb plugged in, which in turn resets the SD card, somehow...
    Sure sounds like the 5V from the MEGA2560 board could be dropping out. Do you have another USB cable/computer to try or a powered USB hub to feed the USB through? Maybe the USB port on the computer you're using can't handle the additional load of the servo running; if it drops out the 5V regulator on the MEGA2560 board certainly can't handle the added servo load for long.

Interesting because I do not print via SD card and I do not get any freezing.

So, it would seem they are interrelated somehow.
    Ive just started a print but i can try to disconnect the LCD with the card reader once its finished and see if it makes a difference, but the freezing happens regardless of where the code is coming from, SD or Pronterface/Repetier... And it is also pretty inconsistent, almost gremlin-like. Seems to happen if, like Tyson said, the printer stays connected to Repetier for too many G29s without disconnecting. But that won't apply to SD, and not sure if Tyson is experiencing the same issue but i still do get the freezing on the 9th probe once in a few prints even though I've got to shut everything down to get the SD to initialise.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Sure sounds like the 5V from the MEGA2560 board could be dropping out. Do you have another USB cable/computer to try or a powered USB hub to feed the USB through? Maybe the USB port on the computer you're using can't handle the additional load of the servo running; if it drops out the 5V regulator on the MEGA2560 board certainly can't handle the added servo load for long.
    I do have a 5v USB charger, will give it a shot but not sure how it would work with my SD initialisation ritual as it only seems to work on only one of the 2 usb ports on my laptop. And in general thats the only usb that i can connect to the printer with, which is extra awkward... Thank you both for the suggestions, will give them a go right after i finish printing this duck call

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast