Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oxidized View Post
    Alright but the QiDi only supports PLA and ABS so well, it's more than enough for us, but no exotic filaments i guess
    where'd you read that ?
    Absolute nonsense.
    Hot bed goes to 120c, hotend goes to 260.
    You can print anything that fits within those parameters.

So abs, pla, pet-g, flexible pla, flexible and non-flexible tpu, asa (no idea what this is but it keeps cropping up) most of the taulman nylons and hybrid nylon filaments.

Just because it just says pla and abs on the website doesn't mean a damn thing :-)

Or try to suggest even more expensive printers when a person has claimed to be chasing the cheapest solutions out there? willful ignorance or paid advertising at its finest? you decide. I already know.
    Well I can tell you for a fact that it's NOT paid advertising, I'd bring it up a LOT more if it was :-) - or indeed ignorance, willfull or otherwise.
    Be careful how you insult people.

Repetier host uses slic3r for slicing.
    It's okay.

The thing about simplify 3d is that it is seriously good. You have easier and better control over, pretty much every single aspect of your printer than any other software gives you.
    So those of us who use it, generally recommend it. I'll always mention the free alternatives as well. But if you're going to buy just one piece of software in your 3d printing lifetime - it should be simplify 3d.
    Yeah it's still got small issues, but give them their due, they do listen to users complaints and do their best to sort them out.

I'll also always try and get people to buy printbite as well.
    I know how much hassle, frustration and swearing I used to go through with: tape, glass, pva, hairspray etc, before I bought installed a sheet of printbite.
    I'm not trying to make the manufacturers and retailers rich - I'm just trying to improve other people's 3d printing experience.
    I know it looks expensive, but at the end of the day it's a one off cost for a print bed that will probably outlast the printer - and when you add up the tape, glue spray etc you'll use over the years - it's actually saving you money in the long run.

It added £30 to the £193 I paid for my delta. But I'll never need to buy anything else to print on, and it works. maybe not quite as miraculous as the manufacturers claim - but damn close.

So before you go being all righteous and insulting - bear in mind we're mostly enthusiasts, anoracks in the english vernacular, and people who are passionate about things.
    If we use something we think is good - we'll tell people.

It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-05-2017 at 01:04 PM.