Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Small knife gets the backing off.
    A manual you say !
    Wahey !
    had a good session yesterday. Just got board and control panel and psu left now.
    Might get a chance later today, got work to do first.
    Anyone know a good way to tension the belts without a spring loaded tensioner ?
    I will eventually get the spring loaded widgets, but for now, I'm not entirely happy with how tight I can get it by hand - bear in mind these belt strips are approx 120cm long. I'll also look at making a cover on the carriages to stop the belt potentially coming out of it's groove.
    right lets have a look at this manual :-)

Looks at manual link: Ah ha ! that wiring diagram is the very thing I wanted next :-) printing that sucker out.
    Cheers cindy, you're a star !

I have to say that being able to wind the build video back ad forwards so that you can see what nuts and bolts are used from different angles, easily beats a crappy 2d printed manual.
    So far the lack of printed material hasn't been an issue. The diagram I just printed out looks like all I need to connect it all together.

Right I'll go do some actual work and hopefully have time this evening to get the board and control panel attached and plugged in.

I'm still impressed with how solid and well made all the components are.
    Only design issue so far is the l shaped miunting bracket for the extruder. If it was 2 cm longer, you would be able to easily adjust the height of the extruder on the strut. As it stands, at the moment, you have to completely disassemble the extruder to get at the bolts as the stepper motor blocks access.
    The bracket (and extruder) is a solid piece of metal, so wouldn't want to replace with plastic version.
    Might give it a go, but at the moment I decide to have extruder right side up and towards the top of the frame and make a strut mounted filament holder that will go below the extruder.

One thing, the diagram mentions a socket for vortex fan for cooling prints.
    Where do I get this from, or can i print the vortex thingy out and buy my own fan ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-21-2017 at 07:50 AM.