So I was messing around printing for the first time early this morning and everything was going fine until the thermister came out of the extruder. I have no idea how it happened. I probably bumped it while wiping of the bed or something. I can't believe there wasn't anything really hold that thing inside the extruder. It was just shoved into this hole and taped to the heater wires.

Anyways, I initiated another attempt and the machine was warming up as usual except this time the extruder wasn't getting hot enough, according to the display. So, what did I do? I just sat there waiting and of course smoke started pouring out from the nozzle. After a few seconds it dawned on me that I should shut the machine down. Smoke continued to pour out from the nozzle after shutdown. The nozzle got clogged and I couldn't get it unclogged. I destroyed it trying. So I ordered some new ones.

So, I have another nozzle. I cleaned the extruder to make sure there was nothing in it before installing the new nozzle. I set the machine back up and now the PLA doesn't want to come out. The extruder just gets clogged. Whats the deal? I'm thinking theres a layer of burnt muck on the inside of the extruder insulating the PLA from melting correctly? I'm soaking it in acetone now. is this the best way to clean it out? Should I just buy another? Thanks.