Close

Powerspec Pro SD Card Reader Issue

Hello All,

First time posting to the forums.

I recently moved a couple of states away, and I packed my Powerspec Pro in its original packaging for the move. It worked fine before the move and I am not aware of any drops or jostling to the box, but it appears certain to me that it must have been jostled during the move.

After I set it up in its new location, I was unable to get it to print from the SD card. When I attempt to insert and print from the SD Card, it's an extremely tight fight and there is no positive "click" when inserting or removing the card. The card also must be removed with a small pair of pliers.

The LCD returns "SD Card Not Present" whether an SD Card is in the reader slot or if it is empty.

I am able to print via USB, but obviously prefer to print via SD Card. However, I have not been able to find any information on this error when searching for both Powerspec and Flashforge. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? I suspect I will need to replace the SD Card Reader, but I'm not familiar with the components "under the hood" and thus not sure if the SD Card Reader is part of a larger module (e.g., the LCD, etc.) or can be replaced separately.

I thought it prudent to check in with the collective knowledge base before tearing it open. Also, since it's 1:55 a.m., I thought I'd take Ted Mosby's mother's advice and sleep on it, since nothing good ever happens after 2:00 a.m.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Desdichado
    Last edited by Desdichado; 02-28-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: corrected grammar

Update: I think my inquiry can be ignored; I opened the bottom panel on my printer this morning and found that the SD Card Reader is in fact part of the LCD module, and there appears no easy or quick way to replace the SD Card Reader without replacing the entire LCD module. So, I've got a new module ordered from the Flashforge USA store.

Thought I'd post this here in case anyone has a similar issue in the future.