The little I know about 3D printing has been gleaned from reviews, mfg sites, and videos (just enough to be stupidly dangerous ). I have a project in mind for which I will need help in researching filament, printer, software options. I also need guidance on the right forum folder for this post.

I want to make molds for fusing glass frit into intricate 3D shapes. My options are physically making custom ceramic fiber compound molds--research in progress, or 3D printing custom designed molds. In any case, the molds -- producing tiny objects -- need to made in easily replicated quantities for the product to be feasibly marketable.

I am posting because my first need is discovering if there is a filament available which can produce a high heat resistant (preferably up to 1400F) prototype mold. What kind of properties would such a filament need to have. Right now I just need pointers or links to resources so I learn more about filaments and what they can and can't be expected to do. Am I searching for a unicorn filament? If so, my project is not suitable for the 3D platform and no further research is necessary.

If I can get past the filament issue, I believe my next step would be prototype software and printer choices; followed by production software/hardware/supply choices.

Thank you for your time and assistance.