Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    Ok, I'll try slowing more on the next run and see. The current run is looking better. Problem with slowing so much is that these take forever to print as is!! I know, 4 hours for a bad part is worse than 6 for a good part!!

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya but like I said, there isn't a lot of difference between 60mm/s and 20mm/s when acceleration is factored in. S3d time estimate will show less time for 60mm/s but actual time will be more like 20mm/s.. It is all relative to part size.You could set your default speed to 80mm/s and then set your outlines to like 20% of that speed. That way infill is done fast but outlines are done very slow, and that is where your detail is wanted.

Super Moderator
    For sure! I did slow the outlines a bit for this go at it.

Super Moderator
    Micro-Swiss says to run 10-15 hotter on PLA what have you found with ABS? Run hotter or cooler than stock?

Super Moderator
    I rarely if ever use PLA. I don't think it is good to make a blanket statement like that about any type of filament.

Super Moderator
    My question was about ABS and what temps you found compared to a stock set up. I was simply referencing that MS said you may need to increase for PLA but gave no guidelines for ABS.

I was just wondering what you found on temps with the all metal vs. standard PTFE set up.

I am trying a run without the top on the printer to see how that goes. The last one was better but when the print got to the smaller area the defect came back which makes sense from a cooling aspect.

I'll have another real good one later with ABS! But that's another issue!

Super Moderator
    It's really been so long since I've changed I don't remember. Nothing drastic I'm sure, my default for ABS is 235 and I wouldn't deviate from that more than 5c either way.

Super Moderator
    Ok, thanks. I am at 230 so not far off I guess. I may try up a but and see.

Super Moderator
    Ok so last test with the top off of the printer resulted in a pretty good print. Still have issues but gaining on it.

I think I need to figure out how to slow the print speed for the top part of the model where it is at its smallest. i.e. quickest travel time to complete the full layer. Never messed with those settings in S3D before but I am guessing it will be the part about slow if layer time is under X seconds.

I have the bed dropping all the way down to 80 after the first several layers and still seem to have reasonable adhesion.

Things still to try: Thinner layer (at .2 now). Reduce extrusion temp a little, maybe 225 or 220 and see how it goes.

Making progress!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123