Close

Hybrid View

Anet A8 warped bed

I bought an Anet A8 a few weeks ago and have had issues with the bed being warped since day one. I am forced to either build a raft every time, or keep an extra close eye on the print in the beginning to make sure the parts are building okay. It is a 220mm x 220mm heated aluminum bed. So I was wondering what a recommended replacement would be. I know very little about these things and have maybe 40 hours of print time on the machine.
    Some upgrade parts I have been making:
    A8Bed (4) (Medium).jpg
    A8Bed (3) (Medium).jpg
    Sorry for the bad photos. For the life of me, I cant figure out how to get my HTC A9 phone to take a good picture under LED track lighting.

I have the same problem, its been printing fine for about 48 hours then I notied the parts were not sticking closest to the centre. The plate has dipped by about 1mm in the middle. I have ordered a 5mm ali sheet to replace the 3mm one supplied. I just need o remove the heating element or put some 1 ohm 25watt resistors on the back to heat it up.

I'm curious how you are going to remove the element from the plate. Either way, you should share photos of your project.
    I ended up buying 1/8" glass plate from a local shop for $4.50 each, to place on top of the bed. I bought a few because I wanted to see if I could etch the glass to create a surface that the plastic would stick to. So far, no deal. The prints keep falling off, so I am using some 2.88" painters tape with no issues. I dont like the idea of sticky glue or hair spray all over my equipment. Something I have noticed is one benefit of having multiple print beds, is that I can pull off the entire plate and throw another prepared one on the bed. That means I can keep my printer busy almost 24/7.

I was using a fancy base material called BuildTak, it worked for a while but then the filament stopped sticking. I have now removed this and have gone back to painters tape. However I am now printing with a 4 line brim and this seems to make the items stick better and gets a good flow of material going before the nozzle starts the main print.

I agree spraying hair spray about doesn't appeal to me at all or using glue sticks etc. The 5mm sheet of Aluminium has now arrived, I just need the 1ohn 50watt resistors to arrive from Hong Kong to make a new heated base.

Quote Originally Posted by brainfarth View Post
    I'm curious how you are going to remove the element from the plate. Either way, you should share photos of your project.
    I ended up buying 1/8" glass plate from a local shop for $4.50 each, to place on top of the bed. I bought a few because I wanted to see if I could etch the glass to create a surface that the plastic would stick to. So far, no deal. The prints keep falling off, so I am using some 2.88" painters tape with no issues. I dont like the idea of sticky glue or hair spray all over my equipment. Something I have noticed is one benefit of having multiple print beds, is that I can pull off the entire plate and throw another prepared one on the bed. That means I can keep my printer busy almost 24/7.