Close

3D Printer not responding after some minutes

Hello,
    I have a Solidoodle 4 3D-Printer and it has been working normally until now.
    Everytime I connect to the printer via Pronterface or Repetier Host, everthing works for a minute or two. But then it stops and doesn't respond anymore. The only way I can get it to work again is cutting the power to the printer and reconnecting it.

Why does it alway stop to respond?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Also worth checking for any updates and make sure that Windows has not done an update and broken things!

Thanks for the quick reply, but after reinstallation of the drivers the problem is still existent.
    And Windows Update is disabled.

Might be worth a chat with the makers then. Could be a power supply fault I guess?

Unfortunately, the company has suspended operations...

Technician
    Follow wendy On Twitter Add wendy on Facebook Add wendy on Google+
    I think maybe the power is not enough, you can try test the output voltage
    www.reprapmall.com

Could it be an issue, that the printer is plugged in into a power strip and not a standalone power outlet?

I don't really think that should be the problem. But it's worth the try a standalone power outlet if it's possible.

I will try that as soon as I get home

Quote Originally Posted by bethnorman3 View Post
    I don't really think that should be the problem. But it's worth the try a standalone power outlet if it's possible.
    That didn't work unfortunately, any other ideas?