Close

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrack2 View Post
    Attachment 2677Attachment 2678Attachment 2679

Here are a few pictures of a rook I printed which is the same rook in the update with the rook and Yoda. I am using the magnetic dampening. I need to calibrate a bit more and my stand got bent which caused the rook to look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa haha, but otherwise I think that it looks pretty good. It looks better in real life though, since as was mentioned before it is not easy to photograph well. I was quite happy that the individual bricks making up the rook as well as the stairs look almost perfect in real life (though this is hard to see in these pictures). Hopefully this shows that anyone with a Peachy printer will be able to make nice prints.

By the way making large prints is totally possible now, I just don't feel like using all of my resin!
    Even uncalibrated, that looks really good. I can't wait till the store is open so I can get one (I missed the kickstarter).

is this the one that has the stair-case the the double-helix in the middle? did both of those print too (it's hard to tell from the photo)?

Technician
    Yeah I put together the magnetic dampener before the instructions were posted and I didn't give the threads the right amount of tension. So it is calibrated some, but I will have to redo the thread.

Yeah you can not really tell from the photos, but the stairs and double helix printed very well.

Yeah I put together the magnetic dampener before the instructions were posted and I didn't give the threads the right amount of tension. So it is calibrated some, but I will have to redo the thread.

Yeah you can not really tell from the photos, but the stairs and double helix printed very well.
    oh awesome! I know they were having some trouble with the helix coming out of the slicer weird from that model. I'm glad to hear they have that fixed!

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dspider View Post
    Amazing how physics sometimes jumps up and surprised you.

Attachment 2677Attachment 2678Attachment 2679

Here are a few pictures of a rook I printed which is the same rook in the update with the rook and Yoda.
    If you printed the Rook that was in the update video, then who printed the Yoda? Was that a beta tester print also or was that an in-house Peachy?

Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    If you printed the Rook that was in the update video, then who printed the Yoda? Was that a beta tester print also or was that an in-house Peachy?
    I believe they meant that it was the same 3D file. Notice that the colour is different.

Technician
    Sorry I meant the same file (or at least a very similar file).

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctumSolis View Post
    I believe they meant that it was the same 3D file. Notice that the colour is different.
    So it is... My memory is apparently colorblind.

This is actually quite enlightening, that the printer is not just getting results, but repeatable results.

It's probably not going to be making Emmett's Heart Gears any time soon, but it's certainly better than could be expected for the price.
    (I hope I heard a 'challenge accepted' somewhere in the beta team.)

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I don't mean this to be negative about the peachy team but having a beta tester produce something of similar quality is a really big deal. Up till now the peachy has been like a sexy new concept car, desirable but not necessarily a repeatable feat. Now someone else has produced something to the same quality it's moved the peachy to a new level of viability. Can we get a video of one of these items being printed in the next update? and maybe some more detailed information on time and drip rate/method

Engineer-in-Training
    Jstrack2 has done an excellent job with that print..... me want more.

Technician
    I tried to print a Yoda and Julia Vase, yet they have holes in them. I will post pictures tomorrow. Also I will be trying some other prints, so more you shall get!

BTW the prints should look nicer if they are bigger. When I get a new stand in a few days I will start increasing the size of my prints some. I think that it is worth repeating though that there really isn't a limit to the size (provided you wait long enough and have enough resin). With bigger prints the curvature will be less extreme and I am guessing the holes would disappear. Most of these models are intended to be printed significantly bigger than I am printing them.
    Last edited by jstrack2; 09-18-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast