Close

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    sorry for the late reply, off topic: I just replaced my windows XP with LUBUNTU, it is a crazy learning curve but totally worth it!

When I suggested this I was doing a quick search on digikey:

Product Index > Sensors, Transducers > Magnetic Sensors - Hall Effect, Digital Switch, Linear, Compass (ICs)

I use digikey for small orders, yes it is more expensive but they have amazing stock and the website is very organized. Once I find my parts, if they are too $$ you can cross reference on www.findchips.com for cheaper competitors.

[edit] Wrong link here, but it was a digikey link to a magnetic Hall sensor. I lost the link but since the following sensor is better, you can find it if you are curious!

- Hysterisis error is from temperature cycling (not magnetic hysterisis)
    - symmetry error only applies if you are flipping the magnetic field polarity during operation.
    -ratiometric error is also irrelevant since your supply voltage is fixed.
    - Linear sensitivity seems like it will be the only relevant error, and it is only ±1.5%

1.5% is still too high in my opinion though... but this is a $2.31 chip.

Diodes Inc sensor looks better:
    http://www.diodes.com/datasheets/AH49E.pdf

the linearity of span is 0.7% which is better than the allegro. I think that this if the chip I would try! In this rare case I think the through-hole version is better since you can easily manipulate its orientation to fit the field on the sense magnet. (maybe eventually make a circuit board for it. Be sure to have it on the opposite side of the mirror driving coil!

How to use it:

Ive never done this before, but I would start by looking how a magnet could be connected to the mirror axis, and then look how the sensor would need to be placed to have that field move in such a way that the sense would see it.

You might need to do a bit of reading and look at some diagrams on how to use these sensors.

After the system is set up with glue or tape, you would then run the thing to see what kind of an output you get! Then feed that to an amplifier to get your proportional feedback signal, and send it back to your main amplifier.

From there youll have to use the Zieglar Nichols method to figure out the PID values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziegler...Nichols_method

I know it may seem like quite a bit of work, but I have a feeling it would be worth it if you are having significant accuracy problems. At the very very worst case, you develop it for the pro version and then open source the circuit so I can copy it and add it to my peachy

good luck and dont be shy to shoot me a line if you guys get stuck.

-UD
    Last edited by User_Defined; 12-23-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by User_Defined View Post
    sorry for the late reply, off topic: I just replaced my windows XP with LUBUNTU, it is a crazy learning curve but totally worth it!

When I suggested this I was doing a quick search on digikey:

Product Index > Sensors, Transducers > Magnetic Sensors - Hall Effect, Digital Switch, Linear, Compass (ICs)

I use digikey for small orders, yes it is more expensive but they have amazing stock and the website is very organized. Once I find my parts, if they are too $$ you can cross reference on www.findchips.com for cheaper competitors.

file:///home/frank/Downloads/A1324-5-6-Datasheet.pdf
    - Hysterisis error is from temperature cycling (not magnetic hysterisis)
    - symmetry error only applies if you are flipping the magnetic field polarity during operation.
    -ratiometric error is also irrelevant since your supply voltage is fixed.
    - Linear sensitivity seems like it will be the only relevant error, and it is only ±1.5%

1.5% is still too high in my opinion though... but this is a $2.31 chip.

Diodes Inc sensor looks better:
    http://www.diodes.com/datasheets/AH49E.pdf

the linearity of span is 0.7% which is better than the allegro. I think that this if the chip I would try! In this rare case I think the through-hole version is better since you can easily manipulate its orientation to fit the field on the sense magnet. (maybe eventually make a circuit board for it. Be sure to have it on the opposite side of the mirror driving coil!

How to use it:

Ive never done this before, but I would start by looking how a magnet could be connected to the mirror axis, and then look how the sensor would need to be placed to have that field move in such a way that the sense would see it.

You might need to do a bit of reading and look at some diagrams on how to use these sensors.

After the system is set up with glue or tape, you would then run the thing to see what kind of an output you get! Then feed that to an amplifier to get your proportional feedback signal, and send it back to your main amplifier.

From there youll have to use the Zieglar Nichols method to figure out the PID values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziegler...Nichols_method

I know it may seem like quite a bit of work, but I have a feeling it would be worth it if you are having significant accuracy problems. At the very very worst case, you develop it for the pro version and then open source the circuit so I can copy it and add it to my peachy

good luck and dont be shy to shoot me a line if you guys get stuck.

-UD
    Ok very good advice. We just may order that chip and give it a shot, I was wrong, historeses was not the isue last time we looked into it, it was how to actually position the chip in the field, but I have more ideas for that now ... I dont think its too much work( its definitely worth it!) , Scott has already made an analog PD system that acts on capacitance feed back for the pro, its on a bread board at our maker space right now... we may have to add I to it, but other than that we sould be able to calulate, change some values and just use the same circuit.

Thanks again this is a very good lead.

Im truely glad to be of help!

I just saw your ted talk and I am thrilled that so many people on this forum, as well as beta testers are helping to propel this project to its amazing potential.

It would be really cool to have some closed loop mirror system in place on the standard peachy, then really all that would be left for extreme accuracy would be proper Z sensing!

As I said those latest prints are already well worth the base model value, and definitely usable IMO. I really cant wait to see what the final fine-tuned version will yield. If you do end up going closed loop with those little chips, I expect great things, and I expect peachy to have the amazing problem of keeping up with orders

keep it up, and thanks for keeping us forum members "in the loop"!

-UD

Technician
    Here are some birds that I printed and then my sisters and I painted for Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Here is another picture of them hanging:

Here are three other birds:

Finally here are all of the birds prior to being painted:

This is different resin that is a lot thicker. I am having some trouble with it because of this, but I think I will soon be able to deal with that.

Technician
    Also here is a T rex that I printed:

It isn't yet perfect, but I think that prints are getting better!

Scale?

Can you post a picture with something in it for scale? (Coin, paperclip, etc.?) It looks awesome! (T-Rex scale)

Technician
    This is what it would be like to be eaten by a T-Rex

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Awesome!

I neeeed my peachy! >_<

Staff Engineer
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Chatyat.

Also it looks like something significant improbed between the large birds and the small ones. There's almost no visible layers on the small birds and the skull. Any clues as to what happened differently for those? (they look amazing, by the way)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast