I had a mishap last night, after I set a job to print; probably 30 mins after I went to bed it all went hay wire. I had filament all over the place, the glass bed was ashew and the extruder was loose on its mount. To complete this nightmare the hot-end/ block assembly is covered with PLA. I use an E3DV6 (or I was - now I'm using my Back up E3DV6-Lite). I wanted to simply heat up the hot-end and hold it with pliers and scrap it off, but the thermister is damaged and the machine just displays a "Max Temp" or "Min Temp" Error. At this point I just want to salvage the block, nozzle and Heater Cartridge. Today I learned what the "Pretty Blue E3D Rubber Thing" is... a silicone sock . Funny when I put the Hot-end together I didn't see it mentioned (even this morning when I was installing my back-up) Not to say it not on the Wiki, I just missed it somehow. I thought its was a storage holder of some sort, now I know better....

But the point of this post is what can i use to dissolve PLA - and preferably salvage parts that still work. Thanks