Hi everyone,

Im new to the whole 3d printer world and looking at building one to form a business. I am a design draftsman currently so know my way around autocad and inventor.

Im wanting to build parts for cars. Replacement parts that you can no longer buy and also new things. Anyway a few questions I have:

Has anybody ever tried to print a complete bodykit for a car? (fiberglass sucks so was hoping I could build something big enough and print entire bodykits?)

If so, what plastic would I need? It would need to have a little bit of flex to it.

What style of printer is best? From my research the only affordable and way I can see building something as big as I want is to use FDM.

What sort of finish am I going to be able to get? If im doing parts for cars to paint and finish how smooth am I going to be able to get the finish?

Is there anything else I need to know? A mate of mine has built a cnc router and is giving me his contacts for the extrusions and ballscrews I will need to build the frame easily.

Also to anyone who runs a business. Is there much of a market for 3d parts? Especially on the larger scale?

Thanks heaps guys,

Brad