Close

Super Moderator

Remove side panels on FFCP?

Has anyone removed the side panels on their FFCP for better viewing and ventilation of heat?

The right hand was fine but the left has the limit switch attached to it. I'll figure something out but wondered what you guys may have done.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Nope, only view I need is from the front. lol

Odd that they moved the switch to the cover, the older machines weren't like that. But shouldn't be hard to fix.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Nope, only view I need is from the front. lol

Odd that they moved the switch to the cover, the older machines weren't like that. But shouldn't be hard to fix.

That's what I was thinking! I haven't looked at the QIDI to see how its switch is mounted.

Technician
    I removed mine for printing PLA. Facing the machine I have no limit switch on the left, only on the right and that is mounted on the x-end carriage not on the panel. And the z-limit and y-limit switches are mounted on the back panel for my machine (FFCP Feb 2015). So the panels came off easily and it was suggested to do that on a yellow sticker on the machine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    I removed mine for printing PLA. Facing the machine I have no limit switch on the left, only on the right and that is mounted on the x-end carriage not on the panel. And the z-limit and y-limit switches are mounted on the back panel for my machine (FFCP Feb 2015). So the panels came off easily and it was suggested to do that on a yellow sticker on the machine.

My limit switch mount is actually molded into the left panel. There are stickers on the side panels that talk about sliding windows open for PLA but there are no windows so I have no idea what that is about! I need to look more into how switches were mounted for previous version or another brand and get something working. So far not to big a deal having the left panel on.