Close

Super Moderator

S3D and primer blob with FFCP

Hi all,
    Just got a FFCP so jumping in here, been working with QIDI's for a while so I do see a few familiar "faces" here!

For my first print using S3D the FFCP did the prime as a blob on the right hand side of the bed and basically submerged the nozzle in plastic which it then dragged over the bed. Is this the default behavior for this? My QIDI does a line across the front of the bed which I have heard others doing as well.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That is just part of the start script. The Qidi doesn't "do a line" across the front, it is just told to do that by the printer profile. :-)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    That is just part of the start script. The Qidi doesn't "do a line" across the front, it is just told to do that by the printer profile. :-)

I guess that is what I meant, that instead of sitting in one spot it moves from left to right during that process.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    "It" the printer doesn't do anything. :-) You should be able to copy/paste the relevant start script parts from the Qidi profile to make that happen. I prefer the purge to the side then run a skirt around the object.

If that wipe after the purge on the side doesn't stick to the plate put some glue stick adhesive in the corner.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    "It" the printer doesn't do anything. :-) You should be able to copy/paste the relevant start script parts from the Qidi profile to make that happen. I prefer the purge to the side then run a skirt around the object.

If that wipe after the purge on the side doesn't stick to the plate put some glue stick adhesive in the corner.

The blob sticks but is still a bit molten when to nozzle moves away and it drags some with it. I also do the skirts, those are a big help. The purge is not a big deal and I will watch it to see if it interferes at all. Just learning now about this FFCP and how it behaves!

Thanks for the input.

Also I imagine your carbon bed should bolt into the CCFP that has a 10mm setup I would think.