Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    it was fairly cheap. I also found that it "over runs" a couple degrees. For example, my straight up and down is 155 in the servo support in Marlin configuration H. Using prionterface, I select m280 p0 s155 and the servo actually goes beyond like 157-158. If I run the command again, it straightens out to 155. If I repeatedly run the command, it "shakes". So, I was wondering what would be a good servo. I found this one on adafruit. https://www.adafruit.com/products/1143

any thoughts?

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Back when I did my ABL stuff, I bought a variety of servos at a variety of prices. Eventually I found some expensive ones that did not randomly bounce around. They still had temperature sensitivity in my setup. I spent some quality time on the R/C forums digging into what others had seen on the same servos. Unfortunately that was after I had bought the majority of them. Seems that a lot of people see the same things on the same servos ...

My ultimate decision was that a fairly expensive (3X the price) servo was the way to go and that warming everything up for "a while" was part of what had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngjedi View Post
    So, I was wondering what would be a good servo. I found this one on adafruit. https://www.adafruit.com/products/1143

any thoughts?
    All of the Tower Pro servos seem to jitter. Out of desperation, I bought different ones from different vendors. This one seems to work without jitter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262564045761...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Odd with the jitter. I use the exact same model servo on my makerfarm 10 and it works fine after I set the power delay to 300 in the ramps configuration. for some reason, the Pegasus 12 has an issue with it. I am going to isolate the wiring from the servo to the ramps from all the other wires to see if that helps. Hopefully just adding a ferrite ring may do the trick as well.

Thanks Roxy for the Link...I'll check it out.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

I would spend time grounding the printer frame and the rest of it before I'd go crazy with common mode chokes.

Bob

Well, It took an hour after I got home from work, But I think I solved it. My original config was to do the abl at the extended 155 servo number. Also turn off power to servo 300 Ms. After fussing around with it, I began to think that the servo was "overshooting the 155 mark by about 3 degrees. I said "to hell with the jitter, I don't care. I disabled the servo off command so there would be power to the servo all the time. I tried again and (with the jitter) it was still overshooting. I began to realize that maybe it's not overshooting, maybe that wrong angle is actually 155. So I changed it to 153, And ran 4 g29 commands. The servo jitters ever so slightly, but it is holding the correct position throughout the abl.

doing a test print now and it is looking great so far.

I want to thank everyone who help chime in on this. It took me in directions that I did not think about. If the print turns out nice, I'll post a picture.

This is a great forum (Makerfarm)...I hope more and more people join. Colin has a great product!

Charlie

Update....I printed an r2 cookie cutter. The ABL worked perfectly, and the print came out absolutely perfect. Being a cookie cutter, printed at a medium definition...nothing special.
    Last edited by Youngjedi; 08-18-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12