OK, First let me apologize if this is like basic 101 stuff. I am having a brain fart. so, here is my issue..i think.

With my Makerfarm pegasus 12, i have set up auto bed leveling and activated EEPROM settings. After the bed leveling program (witch works great) the print starts. the print head gets too close to the bed and almost blocks the filament from coming through. it's not for about 5-8 passes that i can see a good filament. I know I want to "squeeze" the first layer to the bed and in my slicer, I have first layer set to 95% to do that. I remember seeing a video or reading somewhere that to get a good spacing from the bed and extruder, check the z reading on the LCD for the first layer and see what it says. then adjust z offset in the eeprom, then save.

If I get -.10, do I then just add .10 to the z offset? or should I stop the print, leave the extruder where it is in X and Y, then, with the lcd, raise Z until a paper fits under it and then check THAT reading and adjust my z height?

Thank you for your patience on reading this, but I cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for probably because i can't figure out the correct question.

Happy Printing!