Close

Are there any good 3D Printer Pens?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some good 3D printer pens that kids can use. I read some "best of" articles but they include pens like 3doodler, but when I read the consumer responses there are a lot of negative reviews. I don't really care about the price I just the best pen.

Thanks
    Nicole
    www.onestop3dprintershop.com

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

What age "kids" are you talking about and in what setting?. There are some basic hazards associated with some of these pens. I realize you probably are looking for one to sell rather than to use, but the issue is still the same. Once upon a time, kids survived things like wood burning kits that today would get you arrested for child endangerment. I'm not trying to turn this into a political discussion, only to try to get an idea of how well protected a pen you might have to have.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I am looking for something that is eco friendly, not too smelly, too hot and something that actually works. I saw one the Polyes Q1 3d pen, it doesn't use filament and the LCD light goes off if it is not directed towards the drawing. I'm not sure but it seems like the best one. I am an art teacher and I like to use non toxic and environmentally friendly products when at all possible. Have you heard of it?

Nicole
    www.onestop3dprintershop.com

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

I have not heard of that pen. Some of the ones I have seen are high temp filament based. I don't think they are really kid compatible. I also don't want to turn this into a pen bashing session so I'll simply withhold comment on which ones they are.

Bob

Lol okay thanks, me either, I'm just curious.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

The wife's a teacher and I'm and engineer. We have spent a *lot* of time trying to come up with "school compatible" gear for the kids to use. It's been a very frustrating process over a number of decades ....

Bob

I know what you mean I also want something that kids can use without too much supervision, so that they can have autonomy over their own projects without too much adult involvement. Anyway I'm still looking, I'll let you know how it works out.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah you want something like the creopop that uses uv light cured resins.
    https://www.creopop.com/

They cost more - both for the pen and the 'ink' than the filament based ones - but are about as safe as you can be .

https://www.amazon.com/CreoPop-Cordl...ywords=creopop

https://www.amazon.com/CreoPop-Print...ywords=creopop

No doubt there are cheap chineses 'copies' around as well :-)

Ok great, I'll check them out, thanks for your help!