I'm feeling pretty downhearted at the moment. I've replaced both the Arduino and RAMPS boards as well as the stepper drivers. I reinstalled XP on the computer. I flashed the new board with the original Makerfarrm firmware.

When I connected the printer to the computer via the USB, the computer didn't recognise it. I loaded FTDI drivers and still no connection.

Then I thought I would give printing off the SD card a try. When I run the code to print an object, the bed and extruder heat up to operating temperature, then nothing more happens. I try to auto home all axes, and the Z-axis does not move. The extruder stepper doesn't work.

Every time I ask my son, who is supposed to be a whizz with computer stuff to help me, he gives me a great long speil about how he needs to understand the sytem and program in depth before he can suggest any answers. That's if I can get him out of bed before half the day is gone. Then the wife complains that I am fixated by the printer, and that starts another fight.

I wish someone could tell me how to get this damned printer to work like it did a month or so ago.

Old Man Emu