Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Colin is really great at Makerfarm. I don't know when he sleeps as he's always answering any question I have. I look forward to that "rail" upgrade. It looks really nice.
    Just saying, Colin might not release such upgrade,

It might, it might not, he isnt sure yet.

If you guys want to get some Vslot and wheel for your own mods then go on over to:

http://openbuildspartstore.com/

Mark has all the stuff and he is the original Kickstarter owner.

Bob (I don't own the place or work there. Just a satisfied customer.)

Gonna try doing a 2cmx2cm piece of foam under the center of my heat bed today,

As i believe this will lower vibirations at lower speeds, Wich are terrible.. Its fine once you are printing at 40-60mm/s but its terrible at 20-35mm/s.

As that was one of my things why i wanted to upgrade my kit i felt i could place it here in this topic.

I have just received my shipping notice on my new i3v printer. UPS has it in their possession and it should be here on Friday 4/4/14 (I just love 4's). So this weekend it is "BUILD TIME".

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bteeter View Post
    I have just received my shipping notice on my new i3v printer. UPS has it in their possession and it should be here on Friday 4/4/14 (I just love 4's). So this weekend it is "BUILD TIME". Bob
    We expect a full report on Sunday night, with pictures.

OME

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Oh man, I just got my notification from UPS but mine comes in on Monday 4/7/14. Let us know how it goes bteeter!

just got my shipping notice - can't wait to get this up and running. Anyone know what size the glass for the bed should be? Was hoping to pick something up this weekend.

thanks

I sent a message to Collin asking that question and then I said "look in to docs, stupid" to myself. And WALA in the Build Document on the second page and in the 3rd sentence it lists the size of glass needed. I then messaged back to Collin and said "don't bother answering my stupid question as I had found the answer right in the doc if I bothered to read it".

Bob

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    For my 8" i3 I have glass that is 8-3/8 x 8-3/8. I scored and snipped off the corners just a tiny bit to miss the bolts on the bed. I then used an orbital sander with 120 sandpaper to sand all the edges nice and smooth so when you handle and wash you don't get cuts. I have 3 sheets and just keep cycling them. I went to the local hardware store and just got inexpensive window glass. I looked into the fancier Pyrex/equivalent that people said was best due to thermal expansion but each piece was going to cost $90. I've had no trouble at all with window glass at $3.25 each.

Can't wait to see photos... I want to do the upgrade when it's available.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    If you guys want to get some Vslot and wheel for your own mods then go on over to:

http://openbuildspartstore.com/

Mark has all the stuff and he is the original Kickstarter owner.
    That's a great resource. Thanks for the link.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast