Does PLA filament tend to stick to the bed better or worse as it ages (if there is any difference)?

I have always have excellent results printing on Kapton tape with PLA. If anything, it stuck too well. But that changed.

I have a spool of PLA that I have had on my machine for a while now (5 months give or take) but it has been in an air conditioned space although the humidity is still probably 40 - 60%

There is no sputtering or hissing as it prints so I don't think there's excessive moisture in the filament. But it seems this filament stuck to the bed like crazy when it was new and now I can't seem to get it to stick to the bed no matter what I try. When it was new, it seems I sometimes ripped the Kapton tape trying to free the same printed pieces that now lift off half way through and at the end, come off the bed with the slightest pressure.

I've tried all the common things like leveling the bed, different temps, different speeds but remember, it's the exact same settings (using the exact same X3G file) as I used mnths ago. Nothing in the file that prints the part changed. Just the fact that now it wont stick to the bed.

I also tried heating the filament for several hours in an oven at 160F but nothing improved...although the entire remaining spool of filament got slightly warped and is not as straight as it used to be. It still feeds fine.