Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    My first thought was also to buy a Sintratec SLS machine as it opens up many new possibilities and with different powders you can print various materials.
    A ceramic bead polisher is not extremely expensive to smoothen your parts.
    The MCOR machines feel a bit low-tech and crafty to me, I see some use for it business-wise but it's not my cup of tea. Colors are a bit faded, you are limited to one type of material that is mechanically strong but otherwise not very interesting, and it is slow.
    I would consider buying different DIY machines - a desktop CNC mill/cutter/engraver and a small injection molding machine for example.

well, i have a MPCNC, 40"x40" so im set there... with a laser engraver attachment.
    I could always use a small injection molding machine

Right now I have 1 DLP SLA printer (muve3d, amazing), a Gcreate Gmax 1.5xt+ (amazing), a CTC riverside form1+ clone (meh), and my MPCNC router on a winch haha... and sharks with laser beams.

Just always looking to up my game.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The MCOR machines feel a bit low-tech and crafty to me, I see some use for it business-wise but it's not my cup of tea. Colors are a bit faded, you are limited to one type of material that is mechanically strong but otherwise not very interesting, and it is slow.
    have you seen them in the 'flesh' as it were ?

The part colours are anything but washed out and the parts themselves are not at all 'crafty'. They feel like a cast resin.
    Over the last 3 years they've gone from strength to strength. Fascinated to see what the output from the new machines is like at this years tct (end september).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12