Close

Engineer-in-Training

Weird Print Artifacts have suddenly appeared

I recently started to have some weird print issues. I haven't changed anything setting wise. This just started happening. Any idea what would cause this? I have a suspicion that I may beed to service my hotend.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/p5hcs3jpp...J4dqwAooDsJm2a

It might just be that particular roll of filament. But it looks like you aren't extruding quite enough material. At least for the outside parimeters. In Slic3r you can control that a couple of places. Try bumping up the amount of material you are extruding. (And it won't take much to fix it if that is the problem. 3% more might be a good place to start and see how much that helps or hurts.)

Engineer-in-Training
    It does this with other rolls too. I will bump the filament a bit. I was thinking perhaps I have too much retraction? I have been looking at the patterns and see that it may be at a transition point in the print that these show up.

Also, I use matter control. It used bit of the slicer engine but I find I get much better prints with this software than with slic3r.

Engineer-in-Training
    Do you use a dust filter or have you cleaned your nozzle lately?

Really... The problem could be anything. But it looks like you are not getting enough filament to come out. It could be your hobbled bolt teeth are filled up with stripped plastic and are not biting into the filament well enough. It could be you have been switching from PLA to ABS and back and the inside of your extruder needs to be cleaned and flushed. It could be dust has built up and is not totally plugging the nozzle, but is restricting the flow a little bit.