Hi all, first post here. I've been looking into a printer for a while and settled on the Monoprice FFCP clone (this one). I know it isn't exactly a FF, but I figured this is probably the closest I can get to it. Out of the box it worked pretty well- I printer a couple small test prints, which came out pretty well. I had read that it's a good idea to upgrade to sailfish though, so I tried doing that this morning, and it seemed to work pretty well. After that, though, I began having a couple problem.

Slicer: Cura, then the gcode is being ran though RepG Sailfish 40r33 to get the .x3g file.

1. I can't seem to get prints to run without having very hot temperatures. I tried slicing a small ring, with the hotend temp at 210c, but the printer is heating up to 230c, and I tried setting the build plate to 70c, but it tries heating all the way up to 130c, which seems rather high for the stock PLA, no less because I specified other temps. Is this just first layer temperatures from a setting I missed in Cura? The stock files it came with were 220/100c, I believe. Of course, with sailfish I can change the hotend temp in real time, but not the bed.This leads into another question....

2. When I have the hotend and build plate heating up, it's slowly extruding plastic at the home location (back right corner). This wouldn't be too big of a deal if it didn't take so long for the build plate to heat up, or if I didn't have to stand there and make sure the plastic didn't start coiling on the build plate, but alas. I feel this also caused a clog in the extruder that I've since cleaned out, but that could have been a separate problem on its own.

3. Finally, the last problem I was having came after I tried canceling a print where the extruder was skipping during the preheat step. The print head had tried moving to the front left corner, only it didn't stop once it reached the far front, so it got that horrible grinding noise. Because of the previous problem, I haven't completed a print since I've began having this problem, so I can't quite say if this happens when a print finishes normally or not, but I can at least say that it didn't happen before I installed sailfish.

The problem with the hotend/print bed temps isn't too concerning- I plan on printing with ABS down the line instead of PLA. The second one is more for convenience sake, and the last one is actually a pretty big concern, because I don't know if it'll happen again after a print finishes. Any help is greatly appreciated.