Close

UPS Partners Up to Make On-Demand 3D Printing Manufacturing Center

UPS partners with global supply chain company SAP SE to construct an on-demand 3D printing manufacturing center. The service will allow customers to order, 3D print, and deliver a part quickly and efficiently, which will allow business to cut down on inventory and further integrate 3D printing technology into their business model. Read more at: 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/134842/ups-sap-3dprinting/

I am not sure this is a good thing. I mean 3d printed parts are fine for a few things but for the majority of things printed plastic is garbage when dealing with strength etc...

According to Alan Amling, the vice president of UPS Supply Chain Solutions, the move could enable the shipping company to take an order, 3D print, and deliver a part within a 24-hour window.

Seriously? I suspect this will not go over all that well in the end as a company who knows wouldn't use the service they would just print themselves and those who don't know will soon find out the parts aren't all that strong (SLA parts are really flimsy) even FDM parts but we will see.