Close

Threaded View

Student

I need two tiny gears

Hi,

At this time I am not sure if a 3D printer can print a gear this small, seen in the picture below. I say this because I already talk to three 3D printer people and they all said that their printer can not print a quality looking gear that small. Could it be that they do not have a good enough printer or is it impossible for a 3D printer to print something this small?

tiremotor.jpg

I need a gear that just fits inside that black tire and another gear that fits on the silver motor that is big enough to touch the tire gear. Note that I need the teeth of these gears to be deeper than a servo gear or the gears will pop out when the motor runs. In other words, I need a little play for the wheel axle.

I hope someone can answer my question above or be able to put these two gears together for me. If someone is able to make two gears to work on my product, I will then need more of those gears made up afterwards.

I can take more pictures if this can be done and someone is willing to take this project on.

Thanks,
    Tony
    Last edited by Tonyj; 05-01-2016 at 09:04 AM.