Close

I have created nothing.... but

I just bought a Makerbot Desktop 5th gen and a Makerbot Mini 5th gen. They actually both showed up over the last couple of days. I have my piles of accessories (filament, enough build plate for about 1000 models, extra nozzles, unclogging needles, removal tool from build plate, etc.)

I was actually shocked at what the units cost me. I didn't buy them directly through Makerbot... but vetted new units through Amazon and Ebay. I saved myself about $2k over Makerbot prices. Not sure how that's possible unless the people I bought them off of stole them off a truck . But, yes they are brand new.

I use Autodesk Intent for solid modeling.... and have two product designs almost finished. Waiting for final hardware for the products to show up to finish the final pieces of the design. Then I have about 30 parts to create. Gotta prove out the designs before heading to the machine shop. I know allot of people use these for fun... but, I'm going to use them to save me thousands of $ in re-designs and manufacturing. It's very costly to have something machined only to scrap it and do it over again.

So... hopefully I will soon be able to post some of my own parts. God please let all those people who left bad reviews on the Makerbot's be wrong

Engineer-in-Training
    Sounds like you are using the printers for what they're best for... prototyping. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hootie View Post
    Gotta prove out the designs before heading to the machine shop. I know allot of people use these for fun... but, I'm going to use them to save me thousands of $ in re-designs and manufacturing. It's very costly to have something machined only to scrap it and do it over again.
    Yes, though with Murphy's law you can still 3dprint it right and mess the machining. Definitely should help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hootie View Post
    God please let all those people who left bad reviews on the Makerbot's be wrong
    As to that... we wish you the best and will try to help when you come back.

Technologist
    As with all 3D printers, patience is the main skill required. They do need tweaking and fiddling with to get the best out of them, so don't be too upset if your first models are a little rough around the edges or fail to print at all.

Trust me, we have all been there many, many times...