Close

Question Laurel-A8 (Hesine) Reprap Prusa i3 Auto Bed Level Help Setting up Induction Sensor

Hello,
    I have modified my Laurel-A8 (Hesine) Reprap Prusa i3 3D Printer with an LJ12A3-4-Z/BY Inductive Proximity Sensor.

I have watched the video from Thomas Sanladerer on how to install and have read the marshallpeck indestructibles.

I have removed the Z-Axis Limit Switch and have plugged in the Proximity Sensor in it's place.
    Plugged-in.JPG
    I am using Simplify3D as my controlling software and the issue I am having is now that I have removed the Z-Axis Limit switch whenever the machine homes I get the Z-Axis bottoming out and continuously trying to lower.
    I am not sure how to modify the firmware of my controller board, but I thought using Simplify3D might be a way around that.
    Here is the Controller Board I have that came with my kit:
    Board.jpg
    Can someone tell me what I am missing here? If it's a firmware issue I'm not sure if I can use this board or modify the firmware version...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

If it is running Marlin firmware, it won't be hard to get running right. But you need to have the source code for what ever firmware you are running. Almost for sure, the place that makes your printer will have that available for download.

Hi Roxy,
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Unfortunately http://www.anet3d.com/ does not have the source code on their site for download. I will reach out to them and see if they can send it me.
    I will followup if I can get a reply from them.
    For now I'll just have to hook up the Limit Switch and keep on leveling manually :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    If it is running Marlin firmware, it won't be hard to get running right. But you need to have the source code for what ever firmware you are running. Almost for sure, the place that makes your printer will have that available for download.
    Here is the files they provided. I am not sure this is modifiable...
    They said this firmware does not support auto-bed leveling.
    Anyone know if this can be tweaked?
    Attached Files Attached Files

No! That is only a .hex file. Under the Open Source License they are obligated to provide the full source to the code that is loaded onto the machine when it ships. Tell them you need that. They have to give it to you.

Thanks for the advise I got the hex file from the distributor. I have reached out to anet3d.com to see if they can provide the source code. Let's see if I even get a reply back...

Most of the companies selling RepRap printers are pretty good about honoring the open source license and providing the source code to the firmware they ship. If they have a web site, it most likely will be there somewhere.