Close

makerbot 2x: use left extruder in single tool mode

Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. We have a makerbot 2x. The thermocouple wire that is connected to the right extruder has broken off. When I try to just print from the left extruder, I get the message: Heating failure 2. I know that the problem is the thermocouple wire being broken.

I can go into "Utilities" on the printer and change it to "single" tool mode in the settings. That chooses the right extruder though. Does anyone know how to use the left extruder in single tool mode?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik45 View Post
    Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. We have a makerbot 2x. The thermocouple wire that is connected to the right extruder has broken off. When I try to just print from the left extruder, I get the message: Heating failure 2. I know that the problem is the thermocouple wire being broken.

I can go into "Utilities" on the printer and change it to "single" tool mode in the settings. That chooses the right extruder though. Does anyone know how to use the left extruder in single tool mode?
    Forgot to tell us what software you're using.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Why not just fix the thermocouple?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik45 View Post