Close

Technologist

Want Manual Mesh Leveling on 12" i3v...

I would like the manual mesh leveling on my 12" i3v.

The current Makerfarm firmware for the 12"/RUMBA is something fairly old, and the mesh leveling feature isn't present at all.

I guess there are two options:

1. Marlin 1.1RC3
    2. Marlin ??? (w/ mesh leveling).

Since I hardly ever have to tweak bed leveling anyway (or put another way, since I hardly ever tweak bed leveling anyway), I'm not in a big rush, so perhaps being patient and waiting for 1.1 final is a good option. Or perhaps RC3 is good enough...

OTOH, perhaps there is a recommended and fully baked version/distro of Marlin that already exists that implements the feature?

At the moment..., mesh leveling is the only feature "increment" I'm really looking for, unless there is something really compelling about 1.1...

Thoughts?

Thx! -- John

P.S.: Have been happily printing for many months now..., no hiccups..., kinda boring..., kinda nice. Time to mess with SOMETHING...

Engineer
    I fully agree. ive tried and been fairly happy with Manual mesh leveling. but Auto Mesh levelling is really what Im waiting for. I know Roxy is hard at work on it. give it 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    1. Marlin 1.1RC3
    It is looking more and more likely RC-4 is going to be promoted to the Stable Release very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I fully agree. ive tried and been fairly happy with Manual mesh leveling. but Auto Mesh levelling is really what Im waiting for. I know Roxy is hard at work on it. give it 2 months.
    Yes. This is true.

Technologist
    OK..., thx all! I think I'll wait for the stable release of 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    OK..., thx all! I think I'll wait for the stable release of 1.1.
    Just to be clear: The Automatic Mesh Bed Leveling System is not in RC-4 (RCBugFix). It is too big of change to sneak into the Release Candidate. You will still need to use the Manual Mesh Leveling feature if you are running the Stable Release.

Technologist
    Heh..., thx! That perfectly matches my current level of ambition mod-wise. I "want" improved bed leveling..., but I don't want to take the machine down for any length of time to go the full ABL route.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Just to be clear: The Automatic Mesh Bed Leveling System is not in RC-4 (RCBugFix). It is too big of change to sneak into the Release Candidate. You will still need to use the Manual Mesh Leveling feature if you are running the Stable Release.