Close

Information about 3D printer parts

I am a Master's student of International Islamic University Malaysia. For my research purpose I need some important information from you. It is related to 3D printer.I have one 3 axes(X,Y,Z) mchine. I am using LabVIEW 2014 and NI PCI 7344(motion controller). This motion controller can control upto 4 servo motors and can give 2 PWM signal.
    I am doing research on " DEVELOPMENT OF A HYBRID SYSTEM COMBINING RAPID PROTOTYPING AND CNC MILLING"
    Working Procedure:

(a) At 1st i will attach the CNC milling spindle along with the "Z Axis" and perform the CNC milling operation
    after that
    (b) I will take out the CNC milling spindle and attach the "3D printer's multi nozzle EXTRUDER" along with the "Z Axis" to perform RAPID PROTOTYPING OPERATION
    **I need the following information**
    1. What are the parts should i buy for workable my 3 axes machine as a 3D printer?
    2. Which controller can be controlled from "LabVIEW" regarding this matter? (such as RAMPS, RUMBA etc)??
    3. I am planning to buy "Diamond Hotend multi nozzle heat extruder" will it be easy to use for my research purpose??
    If "NO" then please kindly suggest me which one will be worthy for my research purpose.
    Machine figure.jpg
    Last edited by Amanullah47; 03-09-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Hi,
    Regarding point 1 it will necessarily be a custom job. You don't have much to change probably : you just need to remove the spindle support and use the carriage to support the hot end, the extruder and a fan. If you go for the dimaond hot end, you'll need multiple extruders, that's all and they won't be on the carriage.

Regarding point 3 : This is a brand new prototype just hitting the market so there may be some issues. However the way they handle multimaterial printing avoids a lot of problems that other solutions have. In term of software management you might find it easier to start with a more standard single material hot end. Mechanically there shouldn't be too many differences (probably a simple Z adjustment, nothing serious).

what will be your reply regarding the 2nd point??