Close

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse

Hexagon is toast

so I am not sure what happened, but I know several related issues.

1. in replacing the big gear, the thermistor came out, so when I tried to print i printed liquid goo PetG
    2. it looks like I didn't get the big nut tight enough, as when I did get the thermistor back in and attempted to print, after a bit it just spun and spun and made a mess..

I took the extruder apart and there was some filament all over the place. the hexagon was jammed from nozzle all the up to the top of the cooling fins.

I took the nozzle apart soaked it in acetone. that didn't do much.
    I tried to take the rest of the hexagon apart, and the inner tube only came out so far.
    I tried using a torch to melt out the filament from the nozzle (worked) and get it out of the rest of the hexagon, (mostly worked).
    Thought I would screw in the inner tube and try heating it up again, flame going into the tube, but the inner tube won't screw back in.

It looks like this one is toast.

So my question after all that, is do I get another Hexagon, or do I get an E3D, which is what I really wanted to buy when I first got this printer except Collin wasn't selling them. Is there anyone using a Prometheus?

Student
    I had nothing but trouble with the Hexagon, ended up going to an E3D and haven't had jamming issues since. (just other issues)

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    So I ordered the E3Dv6 from Makerfarm along with the Birch mounting plate. got it all wired up, the configuration.h file changed and uploaded.

When I went to mount it though the fan rubs against the mount, or when I turned it around rubs against the heater block. Did that happen to anyone else using the E3Dv6? I am going to remove the fan and turn it around again so that it rubs against the mount. Maybe I will try to shave the edge down where is rubs.