Close

CTC printer issue

I got one of the dual extruder printers about a month ago. It worked pretty good out of the box. Still tweaking it with each print The nozzle got clogged and filament stopped feeding and the gears kept turning and dug into the filament, breaking it. I replaced the nozzle and cleared out the broken pieces of filament. Now it does not work. I start it up and the extruder and bed heat up it prints the line that gets the filament going and then starts the print, beeps once and stops. I tried doing other calibration procedures like leveling the bed to see if I could get through the whole process and it did the same thing. The extruder would move to two points then beep once and not move again.

Anyone have any idea of what is happening?
    thanks in advance

Technician
    First check that the connections are all OK, unplug the plugs and reconnect them to make sure.

One thing I found is that when you are placing the extruder block back onto the motor, it's position can be different slightly, which will affect the grip the gear will apply.

What I would do is remove the motor and keep the extruder block on.
    Whilst holding it in your hand get a strip of filament and push it through.
    If it goes straight through without much resistance or if it wont go through or if it requires a lot of force to push through; then the extruder block is off slightly.

Just loosen the 2 screws holding the block and push the block to one side and screw it tight again.
    Check the above and see how the resistance changes.
    Then just keep changing it until the filament passes through easily but still requires a little bit of force to go through.

Whilst pushing the filament through you can also see how gear turns, again check this to get a position you think will work and then put back onto the printer and do a test.

thanks for the reply

the filament goes through fine. The printer wont do anything but beep once and then stop. I cant level the plate, when selecting home all it beeps and does nothing.

Thank you for trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigo93 View Post
    First check that the connections are all OK, unplug the plugs and reconnect them to make sure.

One thing I found is that when you are placing the extruder block back onto the motor, it's position can be different slightly, which will affect the grip the gear will apply.

What I would do is remove the motor and keep the extruder block on.
    Whilst holding it in your hand get a strip of filament and push it through.
    If it goes straight through without much resistance or if it wont go through or if it requires a lot of force to push through; then the extruder block is off slightly.

Just loosen the 2 screws holding the block and push the block to one side and screw it tight again.
    Check the above and see how the resistance changes.
    Then just keep changing it until the filament passes through easily but still requires a little bit of force to go through.

Whilst pushing the filament through you can also see how gear turns, again check this to get a position you think will work and then put back onto the printer and do a test.

Technician
    Try pressing the reset button on the back.
    If that doesnt work, load replicatorG and then in the menu find machine options and there will be an option to reset to factory settings. I think there might also be an option on the printer's menu somewhere.

Last case is reflashing the firmware.

And then if that doesnt work, contact the seller as you may have a faulty motherboard.

I'm new to 3D printers as well, but that is all I can think it could be, maybe someone else knows if it could be something else.