Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nope that 2 cents is helpful thank you!!! No idea in the makerbot where id set the extrusion speed or how to even figure out what it should be for my printer but I will find it. I am going to probably start with Slicr and see how that works for me. I will connect my active cooling fan as well but dink with the temperatures... I did get that feeler guage to measure out .13mm and hoping thats not too close for the next layer of extruding. I didn't recall the printer doing this when I first got it, perhaps its the secondary issue of the extruder speed I might of fat fingered that value (Saying I actually found it in the software at one point and must of changed it for some reason). I will try this stuff...I got alcohol to clean my print bed (of all the glue stickiness I hope too). Then I was going to try painters tape as I got a roll of that. I was wondering with the aqua-net what do you have to do between prints?

I clean (I mean REALLY clean) the glass with ammonia-free glass cleaner. Not Windex -types of cleaners, as they leave a film.
    I spray a LIGHT coat of Aqua Net, let it completely dry, then spray an even lighter second coat.
    I gently use a single-edged razor (in a a 3d -printed handle- the first useful thing I printed) to 'pop' off my prints. After 8-10 prints, I'll notice a slight gritty feel to the glass, as likely, the hair spray is lifted off the glass by the print. I take a plain paper towel and briskly wipe the surface to knock off the 'rough spots'. At this point, I know I'm good for maybe 3-6 more prints, before I have to re-treat the glass.
    I use slic3r with Pronterface, and really like it.
    I'm printing all PLA -haven't ventured into the dark abyss of ABS (abyss and ABS, mmmm, is there a correlation?), so bed temp of 40 C works great for me, and no fan except on the extruder/heat break.

Wes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12