Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dual nozzle alignment jig my nozzles are out of alignment.

I would have to believe that flashforge must have an alignment jig for setting the nozzle heights to be identical. I know I could make sure my bed is level and do the same thing.

My heads are out of alignment by about .06mm from each other. I just want to get them set.

But is there a metal jig available? I know thingiverse has some prints, but I would really like a metal one. Can one be had anywhere?

whats the best way to do this? You can't really use a caliper, as the back side of the nozzle gets in the way.

Help.

thanks

m

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by guitartoys View Post
    I would have to believe that flashforge must have an alignment jig for setting the nozzle heights to be identical. I know I could make sure my bed is level and do the same thing.

My heads are out of alignment by about .06mm from each other. I just want to get them set.

But is there a metal jig available? I know thingiverse has some prints, but I would really like a metal one. Can one be had anywhere?

whats the best way to do this? You can't really use a caliper, as the back side of the nozzle gets in the way.

Help.

thanks

m
    Hi, you can adjust the height by removing the fans (old flashforge the hexnuts are on the front of the metal carriage, new flashforge they are on the back and harder to get to.

Just a note.. the nozzles are not meant to be exactly the same no, 0.6 is a little too much but really, if they are 0.1 to 0.2mm in difference you can still print ok and you don't get the other head dragging across your prints.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Yup, I do know how to do the adjustment. I was just wondering if there is a metal jig available, where I can place the head, and adjust it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Yup, I do know how to do the adjustment. I was just wondering if there is a metal jig available, where I can place the head, and adjust it.
    Not that i've seen readily available for this machine, but then again it's no different to a makerbot replicator 2... if you can find one for that it would work.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I have a new product I am working on if you would like to try it. I have a couple parts to update but it is fully functional as is. I've been using it for a few weeks. It is all machined aluminum and actually weighs less than the stock parts.

Here are some pics. DSCF1089sm.jpgDSCF1090sm.jpgDSCF1095sm.jpg

If interested I will send a link to a site, just shoot me a PM. I am updating 3 parts on it and if someone buys one I will send out the updated parts free of charge when available.

Super Moderator
    As you should be able to see, the heat barrier tubes clamp in from the sides. This makes it easy to just loosen a bolt then slide the extruder up and down.

Another feature is the heatsinks bolt directly through the bar to the stepper. There are a lot less parts floating around this way and the heatsink is held on a little more securely. The fan bolts directly to the heatsink with 2 screws at the top.

To get your extruders at exactly the same height it is a 2 step process. First you want to level the plate with one extruder high, lets say the left one will be high and you calibrate the right extruder to the build plate as normal with a sticky note. After the build plat is level, move the print head to the middle of the plate and put a sticky note under both nozzles. Loosen the left extruder and move it down then tighten the clamp on the left. Done.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Wow, I'll buy one of those for sure if they ever are for sale!! they look really solid.

Super Moderator
    I have 4 sets almost ready. They are 4 of the 5 prototypes that I had made. I just need to finish the rest of the hardware and packaging.. Like I said, I am making a couple small changes. First is the filament guide tubes aren't staying in the pockets, they kind of wiggle out. I am going to make those taller by 3mm so they clamp in better. If the retooling costs aren't too much I am going to change the heat sink alignment a little, these aren't bad, just want to make them a little taller to give the mounting screws a little better access through the bottom fan holes.

The introductory price will be 80USD plus shipping. I'm not sure how long I will keep it at that price. These are expensive to make and right now wanting to try to recoup a portion of the tooling costs at least.

I'm definitely interested. I'm working on my iPad at the moment, I'll follow up with you tomorrow.

M

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I have a new product I am working on if you would like to try it. I have a couple parts to update but it is fully functional as is. I've been using it for a few weeks. It is all machined aluminum and actually weighs less than the stock parts.

Here are some pics. DSCF1089sm.jpgDSCF1090sm.jpgDSCF1095sm.jpg

If interested I will send a link to a site, just shoot me a PM. I am updating 3 parts on it and if someone buys one I will send out the updated parts free of charge when available.

I can't see the pictures... Sounds great, but would love to see photos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast