Close

Flashforge dreamer problems

I am new to 3d printing. I have read some books and forums over the past year and finally decided to buy a FF dreamer. I am having some problems I don't know if it is me not doing something right or the printer is not setup right. I believe my left nozzle is lower than my right nozzle it seems to drag across my prints. I have leveled the bed several times finally breaking actual shim stock and I what I consider a precision level. Secondly my filament doesn't always want to stay in on location like it is failing to stick. I run pla at 215 nozzle and the bed at 70 using the filament that came with the machine. Third it seems randomly through out the print the filament will stop sticking and start gathering on the outside of the nozzle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    A few suggestions.
    1/ 70°C is too hot for PLA. Put your bed down to 50°C / 60°C.
    2/ PLA likes ventilation a lot. Put your fan on at maximum right at the start. If you have another fan, point it at your print. It helps.
    3/ You might want to put some paper glue on the bed to make it stick. I use UHU sticks, works like a charm.
    4/ The reason plastic gathers on the hot end is usually improper setting for extrusion. Try to see if you are not over extruding slightly, or check your filament diameter.
    5/ If first layer is not sticking you might want to check your Z offset for the 1st layer. Too high and it won't adhere enough. Given your other remarks, lowering will make any overextrusion painfully more obvious.

Thank you for your feed back. I have some questions about your instructions. I still have the blue flashforge adhesive mat on the print bed should I take that off or apply the glue to the mat. Also do I just rub it on like I would on paper? How would I check the Z offset for the first layer? I have looked through the flashprint software, the control panel link between the computer and printer and the hmi on the printer and i cannot locate z axis offset adjustment.