Close

Where to go from here

Hi, I will try to be brief. We have got to the point (at our school) where we can send files to print from our HP Sprout to an Orion as well as a XYZ Davinci. Our overriding goal is to be able to print original files (not just downloaded files from thingaverse). This forum and other recommended TinkerCad as the best place to start. We did create a simple file of a rectangle (approx 3.5" X 5.5") with smaller side rails for teachers to use on their students desk. The file was created as an .stl and sent to Orion started printing. The print did fail, but at least it started! I sent the same file to the Davinci and the extruder moves over the bed, sounds right . . . but no filament comes out! I did run others files to insure the printer was working and they were fine. I wonder if perhaps there was a problem with what I did (or didn't do) in exporting from TinkerCAD to desktop, or perhaps there is a file error. I am asking where to start???

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    You could check you .stl file in Netfabb and see if it detects any errors.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    What does the file look like in your slicer?

There is likely some issues with the .stl file. There are many pieces of software that can help an issue like this. Netfabb is one and also Blender 3D can be used to modify .stl files.

Hope this helps.