Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The fan underneath the printer is left over from a MakerBot Rep 1 attempt at a patch for an overloaded voltage regulator., and the fan didn't fix it. The original open source plans still had the fan and that is what the Chinese copied. There is no reason for the fan underneath the printer, and I have had one hooked up in over a year, on either printer. The stepper drivers the fan blows on run at about 20% of their rated capability so they are practically idling.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    The fan underneath the printer is left over from a MakerBot Rep 1 attempt at a patch for an overloaded voltage regulator., and the fan didn't fix it. The original open source plans still had the fan and that is what the Chinese copied. There is no reason for the fan underneath the printer, and I have had one hooked up in over a year, on either printer. The stepper drivers the fan blows on run at about 20% of their rated capability so they are practically idling.
    I can't run mine without the fan underneath, it just cooks under there - but it does run dual extrusion most of the time so maybe the extra driver? who knows, all I know is that if I use my Temp gun and point it at anything electronic and I see 70c+ then I know it's time for a fan and it hits 70c easy in my chamber underneath - don't even need a heated bed half the time for PLA at all.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Just curious, how thick are the Z guide rods on the Monoprice? 8mm or 10mm?

Did it come with a top cover and/or front cover?
    Monoprice is using the thicker guides too! I've been totally impressed by this printer.

No acrylic covers. So it's basically a creator X with upgraded metal platform, and a different power supply - no need to switch from 240V now though...

I've ordered a second monoprice now. Ever since I had to replace my build plate on the flashforge it's been nothing but trouble....keeps stopping during printing but only sometimes. Often enough to call it unreliable, and it used to be so reliable until now.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    Monoprice is using the thicker guides too! I've been totally impressed by this printer.

No acrylic covers. So it's basically a creator X with upgraded metal platform, and a different power supply - no need to switch from 240V now though...

I've ordered a second monoprice now. Ever since I had to replace my build plate on the flashforge it's been nothing but trouble....keeps stopping during printing but only sometimes. Often enough to call it unreliable, and it used to be so reliable until now.
    I think I'm almost sold on the monoprice, it looks pretty good I have to say for the price, about $400 cheaper than a pro for me.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123