Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    The enclosed chamber doesn't have any temp effects underneath the printer. The stepper drivers don't run at full capacity so they don't get hot. The fan was a failed attempt a long time ago, think 2012ish, to fix a problem. The clone manufacturers just had the fan because the original design had one. The Chinese aren't very good at designing 3d printers, but they are good at copying... sometimes they even copy a bad design from the start.
    Well hallelujah! Disconnecting!

* Well Hallelujah! *

Thanks for the input guys. I am just trying to get my moneys worth out of my first printer. It seems like the monoprice will be a good buy.

Banned
    The Creator Pro is the next Generation 3D Printer from Flashforge, based on the proven and highly popular Creator and Creator X models, this 3D printer now includes a rigid metal frame and a precise casting aviation heating bed with greater flatness and even heat distribution, 3 point calibration as well as high quality dual extrusion technology optimised for both ABS and PLA. To know more Discount Copier Center will be best option for you!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    far as caibration goes - 4 poinmt beats three point forboth sped and precision.

Calibrating the three point system is a real pita. The 4 point system is quick and easier to adjust on the fly.

So for that single operation the x is better than the pro.

Why the manufacturers decide to change from 4 to 3 is beyond me.

I have both. 4 point on a rectangular bed is logical and makes sense.

3 points with 2 at front and one at back, just makes no sense. And it can take a decent length of time before it's dead level.

Weird, bizarre and I wish they hadn't changed it :-)

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Any 3 points makes a plane, 4th isn't needed. The only thing 4 mount points does is provide better physical support for the platform. Ever have a 4 leg table on an uneven surface? It is hard to get all 4 legs adjusted, with 3 legs all 3 will always be in contact with the floor.

I've got a FF Creator X with well over 2k hours and I have the Monoprice version sitting in a box ready to be unpacked. I bought it based on how much I've enjoyed the FF, familiarity, obviously price, and capability to double my part production rates. Plus I shouldn't need to change any of my build files...

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    I've got a FF Creator X with well over 2k hours and I have the Monoprice version sitting in a box ready to be unpacked. I bought it based on how much I've enjoyed the FF, familiarity, obviously price, and capability to double my part production rates. Plus I shouldn't need to change any of my build files...
    Just following up...

I'm very impressed with the monoprice printer! Unlike the website photos, it does in fact have a metal build plate platform. It's amazing how quiet it is next to my FF Creator X with over 3k hours.

I almost immediately did the full metal hot end upgrade like my FF so I don't need to worry about nylon inserts failing any more also.

I've contacted Monoprice about carrying replacement parts, and although the selection is currently limited, they will carry more soon which is great news for anyone who has ever ordered anything from FF-usa. I'm excited about this alternative.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Just curious, how thick are the Z guide rods on the Monoprice? 8mm or 10mm?

Did it come with a top cover and/or front cover?

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    Just following up...

I'm very impressed with the monoprice printer! Unlike the website photos, it does in fact have a metal build plate platform. It's amazing how quiet it is next to my FF Creator X with over 3k hours.

I almost immediately did the full metal hot end upgrade like my FF so I don't need to worry about nylon inserts failing any more also.

I've contacted Monoprice about carrying replacement parts, and although the selection is currently limited, they will carry more soon which is great news for anyone who has ever ordered anything from FF-usa. I'm excited about this alternative.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I would immediately connect the fan back underneath and place a small piece of foam between it and the housing to minimize noise.

Not sure why you guys think disconnecting a fan to stop it's noise is a solution? cmon.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast