Close

Replicatorg generates g-code but not build

So I've read this forum any had many of my questions answered by previous threads but my newest problem seems to be rather unique. I'm still new to using our Flashforge Creator Pro and ReplicatorG software but today when we tried to print an object nothing happened. We tried printing a different object, turning both the machine and computer on and off again, playing with the slicer settings but it all resulted in the same thing. We are able to generated the G-Code but when we hit the build button nothing happens. The green bar up top that remains green even after you hit build which leads me to believe we have a problem with the ReplicatorG software and not our machine. Has anyone run into this problem before?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmedia View Post
    So I've read this forum any had many of my questions answered by previous threads but my newest problem seems to be rather unique. I'm still new to using our Flashforge Creator Pro and ReplicatorG software but today when we tried to print an object nothing happened. We tried printing a different object, turning both the machine and computer on and off again, playing with the slicer settings but it all resulted in the same thing. We are able to generated the G-Code but when we hit the build button nothing happens. The green bar up top that remains green even after you hit build which leads me to believe we have a problem with the ReplicatorG software and not our machine. Has anyone run into this problem before?
    If you have been printing successfully before and all of a sudden it has stopped working then it is a little odd it would be the software. I think more possibly a USB issue. I would unplug the printer and assign it to another USB port if possible and then see if you can connect to it OK.

In Replicator G, can you open the Machine Control panel and control the device? i.e move the Axis up down, left right manually by the buttons there? I would ensure you are actually connected to the printer first. If you can't move the print head when you click the button, then no, somethings wrong and you are not connected correctly.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    If you have been printing successfully before and all of a sudden it has stopped working then it is a little odd it would be the software. I think more possibly a USB issue. I would unplug the printer and assign it to another USB port if possible and then see if you can connect to it OK.

In Replicator G, can you open the Machine Control panel and control the device? i.e move the Axis up down, left right manually by the buttons there? I would ensure you are actually connected to the printer first. If you can't move the print head when you click the button, then no, somethings wrong and you are not connected correctly.
    Your right. I think it was a USB issue. We moved the USB to a different port and then manually moved the Axis in Replicator G and it work that time. Once that was done we where able to successfully print our item. Thanks for all your help!