This has probably been asked before but I have a few specific questions.

So, I have the opportunity to purchase a Monoprice 3D printer at a very good price. As I understand it this is just a clone of a Creator X. This is my first 3D printer and I feel it will be good out of the box for that. However I want to make a solid first purchase so I have a couple of questions.

1. As far as I can tell the Creator Pro is an upgraded version of the X. Are there any huge differences? Anything that can't be taken care of in the after market?

2. Supposedly the firmware on the Monoprint isn't able to be flashed. I have a decent soldering abilities and a background with electronics. How hard would it be to upgrade the mother board in this machine to something more modern with more capabilities. I probably wouldn't do this for awhile but I want to know if it is even possible.

3. E3D seems to make some of the best print heads are these able to be used with this printer?

4. People say that the Creator Pro is capable of 50micron prints with various upgrades. Is this true for the Creator X as well?

Basically I see this 3D printer as a frame and I want to know if I can expand its capabilities later if I so desire.

Thanks for your help!