Close

Need a somewhat flexible material

I am needing to make a small wedge-shaped piece with an approximately 17° angle. I need this to be somewhat flexible since it will be used to support an object for which I am not exactly sure of the angle. It's between 16° and 18°. I figure that a flexible enough material should take care of any slight difference between the angles of the wedge and the object it will be supporting. This is my first design, so I don't know what the best material would be. This design will be printed by a service like Shapeways or the ones on 3d hubs and so I want to get it right the first time. I did upload my design to 3d hubs, and I chose the rubber-like material, but the prices were way too high for my budget. I will definitely have to go with in different material. Any suggestions?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    BendLay, FilaFlex, Flex45, NinjaFlex, PlastInk Rubber, RTV Silicone.

Well, that's only half of my solution. I tried to make it really clear that I'm not printing this myself. I need to find a printing service that can use one of these materials.

Try 3D Hubs? The services/materials offered will vary depending on location.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    3D Hubs has people with all different models of printers. Eventually you will find someone willing to print in a flexible filament. Maybe even at a price you don't mind paying.

I saw plenty of services on 3-D hubs that would let me use rubber-like, which as I said before was very expensive. Are you suggesting that I ask each service one by one to see if they use a material that's not listed on 3d hubs? I'm already wary of these more flexible materials because of how high the cost for rubberlike turned out. What about strong and flexible plastic on Shapeways, which I believe is nylon? Does anyone know how flexible it is? I have already priced their service and I found it to be very reasonable.

My apologies. I didn't see at first where I could select different materials. I also had the wrong dimensions for my model. Looks like ninjaflex is available at a pretty low price.