Hello,

While researching several 3d printer options over the past days, I found this forum and I'd like to ask you more experienced printer users some advice. I'm planning to make large reliefs, dimensions say 50x50 cm and up, and I'm exploring the possibility of using a 3d printer to do so. My idea was to cut the relief into several smaller square tiles of 15-20 cm each and then glue them on a board to make larger works. The key element is of course, that the printing is accurate enough to make these tiles fit seamlessly together. Of course a little sanding wouldn't hurt.

As this is my first 3d printer, I would like to keep the price down as much as possible. Also, I'm limited to the printers I can order here in the Netherlands (for example, Printrbots are not available here, or at least very expensive). So I made a shortlist of printers that fit my budget and are capable enough (by my knowledge). I would greatly appreciate any comments regarding these printers and my application. Of course, suggestions for other printers are also welcome.

- Hello BEE Prusa i3 Kit
Pros: This one has dual extruders, .02 mm resolution AND a metal hotend (I believe).
Cons: I doesn't look very robust or stable, but I could be wrong
Price is € 640,-

- Wanhao Duplicator i3
Pros: Looks really sturdy, price is very low
Cons: Only .1mm resolution, PTFE liner in the hot-end (is this easy to replace??)
Price is €395,- for the V1 and €495,- for the V2: Is the V2 worth the extra 100??

- Velleman K8400
Pros: .05 resolution
Cons: Price, no heated bed, questionable build quality
Price: €695,-

As you can see I really tend towards the two Prusa's, however, I may be overseeing things due to my lack of experience.

Thanks in advance for any help!